Expert Second Opinion for Patients with Prostate Cancer in NYC
[col type=”three-fourth last”]Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger, a specialist in treating prostate cancer offers second and third opinion for treatment of prostate cancer. He treats low risk, intermediate risk, high risk and metastatic prostate cancer. He also offers second opinions for PSA recurrence after treatment for prostate cancer as well as for patients with atypia on biopsy specimen.
Did you know?
Most patients with prostate cancer get at least one second opinion.
Why should you get a second opinion?
[col type=”two-third last”]
If you have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it makes sense to get a second opinion. If you have an elevated PSA and are uncertain as to what to do, getting a second opinion makes a lot of sense.
The field of prostate cancer diagnostics and treatment is seeing new advances. The treatment approaches and philosophy differ among different physicians. Up to 30% of men would change their treatment plan after second opinion.
A second opinion will help you ascertain cancer staging and risk stratification. It may also answer many of your unanswered questions. You can choose to explore the questions that you may not have been comfortable addressing with the first physician.
You should get a second opinion for prostate cancer in New York City when:
[col type=”three-fourth last”]
- You are unsure of the treatment options available to you for prostate cancer.
- You want assurance that the choice of treatment for prostate cancer is appropriate for your individual needs.
- You want to make sure that you are aware and consider all modern treatment options available in making your treatment decision for prostate cancer.
- You want an independent opinion and review of the medical records
- You want to be treated by a fellowship trained specialist in treatment of prostate cancer
If you have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, getting a second opinion might make sense:
[col type=”three-fourth last”]
- Prostate cancer comes in different varieties. Aggressive disease make require aggressive treatment; low-risk disease may require a different approach.
- New treatment options are becoming available. There are treatment options that are available that you need to be aware of including Robotic Surgery, various approaches to radiation therapy, clinical trials and chemotherapy as well as immunotherapy when needed.
- If you have not seen a fellowship trained Urologic Oncologist, who specializes in treatment of prostate cancer you might benefit from expertise of a subspecialist in prostate cancer care.
Dr. Shteynshlyuger has made important contributions to prostate cancer scientific literature. He is a fellowship trained specialist in 2nd opinions for prostate cancer. He is board certified in urology and fellowship trained in minimally invasive urologic oncology. He is Robotically trained on the DaVinci Robot. To take advantage of his expertise and to make an appointment, please contact our office. Dr. Shteynshlyuger is among the top NYC urologists.