Causes of ED (Erectile dysfunction and Male Impotence)
Erectile Dysfunction or ED, also known as male impotence, is the inability to obtain or maintain an erection that is sufficiently rigid to have satisfying sex. ED is one of the most common diagnosis affecting men worldwide. Many many have difficulty achieving an erection that is adequate for sexual intercourse. Some men are able to achieve an erectionbut have difficulty maintaining an erection to have satisfying sex.
Erection is a vascular event. It is caused by inflow of blood into the penis. As a result poor erections or erectile dysfunction is often caused by medical problems that are correlated with vascular disease.
Was are the causes of ED?
- Neurological problems (multiple sclerosis Stroke or neurological disease, including Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and multiple sclerosis
- Vascular disease (Peripheral vascular disease)
- Heart problems (CAD)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Tobacco smoking
- Performance Anxiety
- System drug abuse including alcohol, marijuana and and other recreational drugs
- Medications( blood pressure medications/antihypertensives, antidepressant medications including SSRI)
- Prostate cancer treatments( radical prostatectomy surgery, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy)
- Pelvic surgery( for colon cancer bladder cancer (in)
- Pelvic radiation (colon cancer prostate cancer bladder cancer)
- Pelvic injury or trauma
- Liver problems (liver failure, cirrhosis)
- Low testosterone
- Kidney problems (dialysis, kidney failure or renal insufficiency)
Read about Treatment Options for ED.
Measures to Prevent ED:
- Good healthy diet
- Keep cholesterol in check
- Keep blood pressure in check
- Treat Diabetes
- Avoid Stress