Honors and Awards:
- 2010 Ambrose/Reed Socioeconomics Prize Essay Contest – Winner – sponsored by the AUA (American Urologic Association): “Cost Effectiveness of PSA Screening in the US: Extrapolating from the ERSPC Trial”. Recognized during the annual AUA Health Policy Council Breakfast (May 31, 2010 – San Francisco AUA Meeting).
- Chief Residents’Debate – Winner. “Ureteroscopic laser lithotripsy vs Flomax/observation.” Section of Urology. The New YorkAcademy of Medicine. Wednesday, March 4th , 2009.
- Best Resident Research Paper – Greater Maimonides Scientific Day – “Genitourinary tuberculosis as the primary manifestation of infection. A new paradigm of tuberculosis epidemiology.” May 9, 2007.
- Dean’s List (1995-1996, 1997-1999).
- Howard Hughes Fellow in Biological Sciences (Summer 1998)
- Undergraduate Research Program Grant (Spring 1998).
- Joseph Tauber Scholarship (1996-97; 1997-98)
- Award-winning research paper (1995): “The Internment of Japanese Americans During WW-II”
- Institute for Humane Studies “Law, Economics, Freedom & Public Policy” Conference Fellowship (7/98).
- Outstanding Research Award from the Commissioner of Health for NYC. “Getting to the Bottom of Things, at the Top: a pilot survey of potable rooftop water tanks.” Co-authored with A. Altman (8/1996).
- American Urological Association (AUA) 2005-current
- Society of Urologic Oncology (SUO) 2009-current
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research 2010-current
- American Association of Clinical Urologists 2006-current
- American Medical Association (AMA) 1999-current
- AmericanCollege of Surgeons (ACS) –2003-current
- Endourology Society 2006-current